The Chung-Ying Tang Professor，
Institute of Immunology and School of Life Sciences,
University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China
Professor Zhe-Xiong Lian got his M.D. from Norman Bethune University, China in 1989. After that, he obtained PhD in immunology from Kansai Medical University, Japan. From 1998-2000, he worked at North Shore University Hospital as a research assistant. From 2000-2003, he got postdoctoral training at University of California, Davis. Then, from 2003-2007, he worked at University of California, Davis as a senior scientist. In 2007, Dr. Lian became associate/adjunct professor at the same university. In 2009, Dr. Lian moved to University of Science and Technology of China, as a principal investigator of liver immunology lab, Institute of Immunology and School of Life Sciences. In the same year, he was selected in One Hundred Person Project of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Yangtze River Scholar Especially Hires Professor of Ministry of Education of China. Dr. Lian has published ninety papers on scientific magazines of high quality, such as J.Exp.Med., J.C.I., Gastroenterology, Hepatology, J.Immunol. etc. He got high international reputation in the research area of autoimmune liver diseases.
1）Our research interest mainly focus on autoimmune diseases and basic liver immunology.
2）We are attempting to study molecule and cellular mechanism of autoimmune liver diseases and inflammatory bowel disease.
3）Our final aim is to find a new target of autoimmune diseases for searching a novel medicine.
1. Wang Y-H, Yang W, Yang J-B, Jia Y-J, Tang W, Gershwin ME, William M. Ridgway and Lian Z-X*. (2015) Systems biologic analysis of T regulatory cells genetic pathways in murine primary biliary cirrhosis. J Autoimmunity. In press. (Corresponding author).
2. Ma H-D, Wang Y-H, Chang C, Gershwin ME and Lian Z-X*. (2015) The Intestinal Microbiota and Microenvironment in Liver. Autoimmunity Reviews. 14:183-191. (Corresponding author).
3. Yang W, Yao Y, Yang Y-Q, Lu F-T, Li L, Wang Y-H, Nakajima T, Tsuneyama K, Ridgway WM, Gershwin ME and Lian Z-X*. (2014) Differential Modulation by IL-17A of Cholangitis Versus Colitis in IL-2R Deleted Mice. Plos One (2013 IF:3.73). 9:e105351. (Corresponding author).
4. Yao Y, Yang W, Yang Y-Q, Ma H-D, Lu F-T, Li L, Tao Y-Y, Tsuneyama K, Zhang W, Friedman S, Gershwin ME and Lian Z-X*. (2014) Distinct from its canonical effects, deletion of IL-12p40 induces cholangitis and fibrosis in interleukin-2Rα-/- mice. J Autoimmunity. 51:99-108. (Corresponding author).
5. Deng Y-R, Yoshida K, Jin Q, Murata M, Yamaguchi T, Tsuneyama K, Moritoki Y, Niu J, Matsuzaki K and Lian Z-X*. (2014) Reversible phosphor-Smad3 signaling between tumor-suppression and fibro-carcinogenesis in chronic hepatitis B infection.Clinical Experimental Immunology. 176:102-111. (Corresponding author).
6. Deng Y-R, Ma H-D, Tsuneyama K, Yang W, Wang Y-H, Lu F-T, Liu C-H, Liu P, He X-S, Diehl AM, Gershwin ME and Lian Z-X*.(2013) STAT3-mediated attenuation of CCl4-induced mouse liver fibrosis by the protein kinase inhibitor sorafenib. J Autoimmunity. 49:25-34. (Corresponding author).
7. Ma HD, Deng YR, Tian Z and Lian Z-X*.(2013) Traditional Chinese Medicine and Immune Regulation.Clin Rev Allergy Immunol. 44:229-241. (Corresponding author).
8. Tsuda M, Zhang W, Yang GX, Tsuneyama K, Ando Y, Kawata K, Park O, Leung P, Coppel RL, Ansari AA, Ridgway WM, Gao B, Lian Z-X*, Flavell R, He XS and Gershwin ME*. (2013) Deletion of IL-12p35 induces liver fibrosis in dominant negative transforming growth factor β receptor type II mice. Hepatology.57:806-16. (*Equally Corresponding author).
9. Shu SA, Ma HD and Lian Z-X*. (2012)Ontogenic Development and Population Dynamics of Hepatic Dendritic Cells. Current Immunology Reviews. 8:3-11. (Corresponding author).