MA Shisong , Ph.D.
Professor, School of Life Sciences
University of Science and Technology of China (USTC)
443 Huangshan Road, Hefei, Anhui, 230027, China
B.Sc. (2001) Peking University, China
Ph.D. (2007) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
2007 – 2010 Postdoctoral Associate, Yale University, USA
2010 – 2013 Postdoctoral Scholar, University of California, Davis, USA
2013 – 2015 Assistant Research Scientist, University of California, Davis, USA
2016 – 2016 Research Associate, University of California, Davis, USA
2016 – Present, Professor, University of Science and Technology of China
Big Data in Biology
Gene regulatory networks and their applications
Plant gene modules functioning in stresses tolerance and nutrient uptake & utilization
1. Ma S*, Ding Z, Li P*. 2017. Maize network analysis revealed gene modules involved in development, nutrients utilization, metabolism, and stress response. BMC Plant Biology 17:131. (*共同通讯作者)
2. Feng B, Ma S, Chen S, Zhu N, Zhang S, Yu B, Yu Y, Le B, Chen X, Dinesh-Kumar SP, Shan L, He P. 2016. PARylation of the forkhead-associated domain protein DAWDLE regulates plant immunity. EMBO Reports 17:1799-1813.
3. Ma S*, Bohnert HJ, Dinesh-Kumar SP*. 2015. AtGGM2014, an Arabidopsis gene co-expression network for functional studies. Science China Life sciences 58: 276-286. (*共同通讯作者)
4. Ma S*, Shah S, Bohnert HJ, Snyder M, Dinesh-Kumar SP*. 2013. Incorporating Motif Analysis into Gene Co-expression Networks Reveals Novel Modular Expression Pattern and New Signaling Pathways. PLOS Genetics 9: e1003840. (*共同通讯作者)
5. Padmanabhan MS, Ma S, Burch-Smith TM, Czymmek K, Huijser P, Dinesh-Kumar SP. 2013. Novel Positive Regulatory Role for the SPL6 Transcription Factor in the N TIR-NB-LRR Receptor-Mediated Plant Innate Immunity. PLOS Pathogens 9: e1003235.
6. Ma S*, Bachan S, Porto M, Bohnert HJ, Snyder M, Dinesh-Kumar SP*. 2012. Discovery of stress responsive DNA regulatory motifs in Arabidopsis. PLOS One 7: e43198. (*共同通讯作者)
7. Lee HY, Bowen CH, Popescu GV, Kang H-G, Kato N, Ma S, Dinesh-Kumar S, Snyder M, Popescu SC. 2011. Arabidopsis RTNLB1 and RTNLB2 Reticulon-Like Proteins Regulate Intracellular Trafficking and Activity of the FLS2 Immune Receptor. Plant Cell 23: 3374-3391.
8. Ma S, Bohnert HJ. 2007. Integration of Arabidopsis thaliana stress-related transcript profiles, promoter structures, and cell-specific expression. Genome Biology 8: R49.
9. Ma S, Gong Q, Bohnert HJ. 2007. An Arabidopsis gene network based on the graphical Gaussian model. Genome Research 17: 1614-1625.
10. Bohnert H, Gong Q, Li P, Ma S. 2006. Unraveling abiotic stress tolerance mechanisms - getting genomics going. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 9: 180-188.
11. Ma S, Gong Q, Bohnert H. 2006. Dissecting salt stress pathways. Journal of Experimental Botany 57: 1097-1107.
12. Gong Q, Li P, Ma S, Rupassara S, Bohnert H. 2005. Salinity stress adaptation competence in the extremophile Thellungiella halophila in comparison with its relative Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 44: 826-839.
Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=fpVHlecAAAAJ
We are looking for motivated undergraduates, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows to join our research team. Applicants with expertise in plant molecular biology and/or bioinformatics are particularly welcome. Please contact Dr. Shisong Ma (sma(at)ustc.edu.cn) with your CV and a description of research interests.