School of Life Sciences
University of Science & Technology of China
Dr. Xiangting Wang obtained her Ph.D degree and postdoctoral training from University of California at San Diego, USA and currently is a professor of University of Science and Technology of China (USTC). Dr. Wang is one of the pioneers who studied the molecular mechanisms of promoter-associated long noncoding RNAs (lncRNAs) in transcriptional control and has discovered a series of previously unrecognized promoter-associated lncRNAs that were critical transcriptional modulators via regulating conformational change and thus in turn, the transcriptional inhibitory activity of RNA-binding proteins (RBPs), namely, Translocated in Liposarcoma (TLS) and its two family members EWS and TAF15. Dr. Wang was recruited to the Chinese Academy of Sciences through the “Hundred Talents Program” and joined USTC in November 2013.
1. Biological roles and molecular mechanisms of long noncoding RNA
2. RNA binding proteins
3. DNA damage repair
1. Wang X, Arai S, Song X, Reichart D, Du K, Pascual G, Tempst P, Rosenfeld MG, Glass CK, Kurokawa R. Induced ncRNAs allosterically modify RNA-binding Proteins in cis to inhibit transcription. Nature. 2008 Jul3;454(7200):126-30.
2. Cook PJ*, Ju B*, Telese F, Wang X, Glass CK, Rosenfeld MG. Tyrosine dephosphorylation of H2AX modulates apoptosis and survival decision.Nature. 2009 Apr 2;458(7238):591-6. （*contributed equally）
3. Zhou W, Wang X, Rosenfeld MG. Histone H2A ubiquitination in transcriptional regulation and DNA damage repair. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009Jan;41(1):12-15.
4. Wang X*, Song X*, Glass CK, Rosenfeld MG. The long arm of long noncoding RNAs: Roles as sensors regulating gene transcriptional programs.Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2011 Jan 1:3 (1). Pii: a003756. doi: 10.1101/cshperspect.a003756 （*contributed equally）
5. Song X*, Wang X*, Arai S, Kurokawa R. Promoter-associated noncoding RNA from the CCND1 promoter. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;809: 609-22（*contributed equally）