School of Life Science
University of Science & Technology of China
1996-2000 B.S. University of Science & Technology of China
2000-2006 Ph.D. University of Science & Technology of China
2007-2010 Post-Doc. University of Maryland, Baltimore
2011-present Associate Professor University of Science & Technology of China
We are attempting to study the physiological function of disease-related membrane protein, such as receptors and ion channels. Currently, we are focusing on the structural basis of interaction modes between potassium channels and their accessory subunits, and the finding of new toxin modulators of these ion channels. Using combinational biology methods including molecular and electrophysiological approaches to illustrate the physiological properties of ion channels and the binding behavior by toxin modulators.
1. Pan Li, Haowen Liu, Chaohua Lai, Peibei Sun, Wenping Zeng, Fangming Wu, Longhua Zhang, Sheng Wang*, Changlin Tian*, Jiuping Ding*. Differential Modulations of KCNQ1 by Auxiliary Proteins KCNE1 and KCNE2. Sci Rep 2014; 4: 4973
2. Man Pan, Yao He, Ming Wen, Fangming Wu, Demeng Sun, Sijian Li, Longhua Zhang*, Yiming Li*, Changlin Tian*. One-pot hydrazide-based native chemical ligation for efficient chemical synthesis and structure determination of toxin Mambalgin-1. Chem Commun 2014; 50(44): 5837-39
3. Mu Yu, Peibei Sun, Yao He, Liang Xiao, Demeng Sun, Longhua Zhang*, Changlin Tian*. Mutation of the critical pH-gating residues histidine 231 to glutamate increase open probability of outer membrane protein G in planar lipid bilayer. Protein Cell 2013; 4(11): 803-6
4. Longhua Zhang, Meina Wang , Tiziana Bisogno, Vincenzo Di Marzo, Bradley E. Alger. Endocannabinoids generated by Ca2+ or by metabotropic glutamate receptors appear to arise from different pools of diacylglycerol lipase. PLoS One 2011; 6(1):e16305.
5. Longhua Zhang, Bradley E. Alger. Enhanced endocannabinoid signaling elevates neuronal excitability in fragile X syndrome. J Neurosci 2010; 30(16):5724-9.
6. David A. Edwards, Longhua Zhang, Bradley E. Alger. Metaplastic control of the endocannabinoid system at inhibitory synapses in hippocampus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2008; 105(23): 8142-8147.
7. Longhua Zhang, Neng Gong, Da Fei, Lin Xu, Tian-Le Xu. Glycine uptake regulates hippocampal network activity via glycine receptor-mediated tonic inhibition. Neuropsychopharmacology 2008; 33(3): 701-711.
8. Longhua Zhang, Lin Xu, Tian-Le Xu. Glycine receptor activation regulates short-term plasticity in CA1 area of hippocampal slices of rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2006; 344(3): 721-726.