Two USTC Alumni Named AAAS New Fellow
GUAN Junlin and LUO Liqun, two USTC Alumni were selected to Fellowship of American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) together with other 537 scientists at the AAAS annual meeting in Vancouver, Canada, on 18 February 2012.
GUAN and LUO are outstanding life scientists. They both graduated from Class of the Gifted Young of USTC and received the top honor for USTC undergraduates, the GUO Moruo Scholarship in the Department of Biology.
The American Association for the Advancement of Science, "Triple A-S" (AAAS), is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science around the world by serving as an educator, leader, spokesperson and professional association. In addition to organizing membership activities, AAAS publishes the journal Science, as well as many scientific newsletters, books and reports, and spearheads programs that raise the bar of understanding for science worldwide.
- Prof. Sun Baolin and his team constructed a gene knockdown system in S. aureus based on dCas9
- Prof. Sun Baolin and Prof. Cai Gang published an article in International Journal of Medical Microbiology
- Scientists from USTC discover a new biomarker for early diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease, not only helping early diagnosis in clinic but also promoting drug trials
- A biology learning tour to Qingdao
- Molecular Mechanism of Zika Virus NS3 Helicase Activation by Metal Ions Uncovered