Professor of School of Life Sciences
University of Science & Technology of China
I acquired the M.D. from Wuhan University School of Medicine in 1994 and Ph.D. from the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IMCB) at Singapore in 2002. Between 2003 and 2007, I received my postdoctoral training in IMCB and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. I am the co-author of 40 plus scientific publications mostly in peer-reviewed international journals including PNAS, Cancer Res., J. Biol. Chem. and Oncogene. Those publications have been cited more than 1,000 times and H index=16.
We are a laboratory in tumor pathology study. Currently, we are focusing on elucidation of 1) The mechanisms of growth factors involved in endocrine related cancers; 2) Pathological characterization of noncoding RNA in cancer; 3) Novel therapeutic approaches for cancer treatment.
1. Liu Y, Qian P, Chen C, Lu X, Sun B, Zhang X, Wang L, Gao X, Li H, Chen Z, Tang J, Zhang W, Dong J, Bai R, Lobie PE, Wu Q, Liu S, Zhang H, Zhao F, Wicha MS, Zhu T*, Zhao Y*. (2014) Fullernol nanomaterial as a novel class of non-toxic cancer stem cell specific inhibitors. Nat Commun. In press.
2. Jiang Y, Zhao X, Xiao Q, Liu Q, Ding K, Yu F, Zhang R, Zhu T, Ge G. (2014) Snail and Slug mediate tamoxifen resistance in breast cancer cells through activation of EGFR-ERK independent of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Mol Cell Biol. Jun 10. pii: mju019. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Tan S, Ding K, Li R, Kong X, Qian P, Li G, Zhang W, Lev S, Lobie PE*, Zhu T*. (2014) miR-26 inhibits estrogen stimulated growth of breast cancer cells by targeting CHD1, GREB1 and KPNA2. Breast Cancer Res. 16(2):R40.
4. Ding K, Banerjee A, Tan S, Zhao J, Zhuang Q, Li R, Qian P, Liu S, Wu ZS, Lobie PE*, Zhu T*. (2014) HER2 regulated ARTEMIN and mediates Trastuzumab resistance by promoting cancer stem cell-like behaviour in mammary carcinoma cells. J Biol Chem.289,16057-16071.
5. Li X, Liu X, Xu W, Zhou P, Gao P, Jiang S, Lobie PE*, Zhu T* (2013) c-Myc regulated miR-23a~24-2~27a cluster promotes mammary carcinoma cell invasion and hepatic metastasis by targeting SPRY2. J Biol Chem. 288,1821-33.
6. Lu X, Liu Y, and Lobie PE, Chen C*, Zhu T*. (2013) Nanotoxicity: the growing need for study in the endocrine system. Small, 9,1654-71
7. Jin K, Kong X, Shah T, Penet MF, Wildes F, Sgroi DC, Ma XJ, Huang Y, Kallioniemi A, Landberg G, Bieche I, Lobie PE, Davidson NE , Zaver M. Bhujwalla ZM, Zhu T*, Sukumar S*. (2012) HOXB7 renders breast cancer resistant to tamoxifen through activation of the EGFR Pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1092736-41.
8. Qian PX, Banerjee A, Wu ZS, Zhang X, Wang H, Pandey V, Zhang WJ, Lv XF, Tan S, Lobie PE*, and Zhu T*. (2012) Loss of SNAIL regulated miR-128-2 on chromosome 3p22.3 promotes mammary epithelial cell oncogenic transformation via targeting multiple stem cell factors. Cancer Res. 72,6036-6050.
9. Qian P, Zuo Z, Wu Z, Meng X, Li G, Wu Z, Zhang W, Tan S, Pandey V, Yao Y, Wang P, Zhao L, Wang J, Wu Q, Song E, Lobie PE, Yin Z*, Zhu T*. (2011) Pivotal Role of Reduced let-7g Expression in Breast Cancer Invasion and Metastasis. Cancer Res.71,6463-6474.
10. Wu ZS, Yang K, Wan Y, Qian PX, Perry JK, Mertani HC, Zhu T*, Lobie P*. (2011) Tumor expression of hGH and hPRL predict a worse survival outcome in patients with mammary and endometrial carcinoma.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 96, E1619-1629.
- WU Mian
- YAO Xuebiao
- LIU Haiyan
- XIANG Chengbin
- TIAN Zhigang
- ZHOU Congzhao
- SHI Qinghua
- WANG Jun
- SUN Fei
- YANG Yupeng
- BI Guoqiang
- TIAN Changlin
- ZANG Jianye
- ZHU Tao
- HU Bing
- LIAN Zhexiong
- LIU Baiming
- ZHANG Huafeng
- BAI Li
- ZHANG Xiaochu
- ZHOU Rongbin
- GUANG Shouhong
- LIU Suling
- SUN, Lianhong
- ZHAO Zhong
- WANG Xiangting
- JIN Tengchuan
- WANG Chao