Li Fengyin, Ph.D.
Dr. Li received his Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from China Agricultural University in 2013. Subsequently he worked as a Postdoctoral Research Scholar (2013.8-2018.9), and was promoted as Assistant Research Scientist (2018.9-2019.10) at the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical School, the University of Iowa, USA. He joined the School of Life Sciences of University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) a. His research work is committed to explore the regulatory mechanism of T cells development and its anti-infection immunity. Dr. Li systematically studied the roles of transcription factor Tcf1 and its homolog Lef1 in early T cells fate decision and mature T cells subsets specification in response to antigen infection. His research work has been widely recognized by the international researchers in the related field.
1) The transcriptional and epigenetic regulation of T cells in response to acute /chronic virus infection and inflammation;
2) The molecular immune pathogenesis of autoimmune disease and new potential therapeutic drug discovery, especially the new T cell subsets under pathological conditions;
3) The lineage tracing of myeloid and lymphoid T cells specification and its abnormality related with leukemia or other diseases.
1. Fengyin Li, Bing He, Xiaoke Ma, Shuyang Yu, Rupali R. Bhave, Steven R. Lentz, Kai Tan, Monica L. Guzman, Chen Zhao, Hai-Hui Xue. (2017). Prostaglandin E1 and Its Analog Misoprostol Inhibit Human CML Stem Cell Self-Renewal via EP4 Receptor Activation and Repression of AP-1. Cell Stem Cell (Cover story) 21, 1-15.
2. Shaojun Xing#, Fengyin Li#, Zhouhao Zeng#, Yunjie Zhao, Shuyang Yu, Qiang Shan, Yalan Li, Farrah C Phillips, Peterson K Maina, Hank H Qi, Chengyu Liu, Jun Zhu, R Marshall Pope, Catherine A Musselman, Chen Zeng, Weiqun Peng*, Hai-Hui Xue*. (2016). Tcf1 and Lef1 transcription factors establish CD8+ T cell identity through intrinsic HDAC activity. Nat Immunol 17, 695-703. (Co-first author)
3. Fengyin Li, Zhouhao Zeng, Shaojun Xing, Jodi A. Gullicksrud, Qiang Shan, Jinyong Choi, Vladimir P. Badovinac, Shane Crotty, Weiqun Peng & Hai-Hui Xue*. (2018). Ezh2 programs TFH differentiation by integrating phosphorylation-dependent activation of Bcl6 and polycomb-dependent repression of p19Arf. Nat Commun 9, 1-18.
4. Cong Lv#, Fengyin Li#, Xiang Li#, Yuhua Tian#, Yue Zhang, Xiaole Sheng, Yongli Song, Qingyong Meng, Shukai Yuan, Liming Luan, Thomas Andl, XuFeng, Baowei Jiao, Mingang Xu, Maksim V. Plikus, Xing Dai, ChristopherLengner, Wei Cui, Fazheng Ren, Jianwei Shuai, Sarah E. Millar, Zhengquan Yu*. (2017). MiR-31 promotes mammary stem cell expansion and breast tumorigenesisby suppressing Wnt signaling antagonists. Nat Commun 8, 1-18. (Co-first author)
5. Shuyang Yu#, Fengyin Li#, Shaojun Xing, Tianyan Zhao, Weiqun Peng, Hai-Hui Xue*. (2016). Hematopoietic and Leukemic Stem Cells Have Distinct Dependence onTcf1 and Lef1 Transcription Factors. J Biol Chem 291, 11148-11160. (Co-first author)
6. Yue Zhang#, Fengyin Li#, Yongli Song, Xiaole Sheng, Kai Xiong, Lei Chen, Dequan Liu, Christopher Lengner, Lixiang Xue, Zhengquan Yu*. (2016). Numb and Numbl act to determine mammary myoepithelial cell fate,maintain epithelial identity, and support lactogenesis. FASEB J 30, 3474-3488. (Co-first author)
7. Peng Shao#, Fengyin Li#, Jinyong Wang, Xia Chen, Chenyu Liu and Hai-Hui Xue* (2019). Cutting edge: Tcf1 instructs follicular helper cell differentiation by repressing blimp1 in response to acute viral infection. J Immunol, 203: 801-806 (Co-first author)
8. Qiang Shan#, Zhouhao Zeng#, Shaojun Xing, Fengyin Li, Stacey M Hartwig, Jodi A Gullicksrud, Samarchith P Kurup, Natalija Van Braeckel-Budimir, Yao Su, Matthew D Martin, Steven M Varga, Ichiro Taniuchi, John T Harty, Weiqun Peng, Vladimir P Badovinac*, Hai-Hui Xue*. (2017). The transcription factor Runx3 guards cytotoxic CD8+ effector T cells against deviation towards follicular helper T cell lineage. Nat Immunol 18, 931-939.
9. Jodi A. Gullicksrud, Fengyin Li, Shaojun Xing, Zhouhao Zeng, Weiqun Peng, Vladimir P. Badovinac, John T. Harty, Hai-Hui Xue*. (2017). Differential Requirements for Tcf1 Long Isoforms in CD8+ and CD4+ T Cell Responses to Acute Viral Infection. J Immunol 3, 911-919.
10. Yan Xiu, Qianze Dong, Qingchang Li, Fengyin Li, Nick Borcherding, Weizhou Zhang, Brendan Boyce, Hai-hui Xue*, Chen Zhao*. (2018). Stabilization of NF-KB-inducing kinase suppresses MLL-AF9–induced acute myeloid leukemia. Cell reports 2, 350-358.
11. Shaojun Xing, Peng Shao, Fengyin Li, Xudong Zhao, WooseokSeo, Justin C. Wheat, Selvi Ramasamy, Jianfeng Wang, Xiang Li, Weiqun Peng, Shuyang Yu, Chengyu Liu, Ichiro Taniuchi, David A. Sweetser, Hai-Hui Xue*. (2018). Tle corepressors are differentially partitioned to instruct CD8+ T cell lineage choice and identity. J Exp Med 8, 2211-2226.
12. Qi Yang, Fengyin Li, Christelle Harly, Shaojun Xing, Longyun Ye, Xuefeng Xia, Haikun Wang, Xinxin Wang, Shuyang Yu, Xinyuan Zhou, Maggie Cam, Hai-Hui Xue*, Avinash Bhandoola*. (2015). TCF-1 upregulation identifies early innate lymphoid progenitors in the bone marrow. Nat Immunol 16, 1044-1050.
13. Youn Soo Choi#, Jodi A Gullicksrud#, Shaojun Xing, Zhouhao Zeng, Qiang Shan, Fengyin Li, Paul E Love, Weiqun Peng, Hai-Hui Xue*, Shane Crotty*.(2015).LEF-1 and TCF-1 orchestrate TFH differentiation by regulating differentiation circuits upstream of the transcriptional repressor Bcl6. Nat Immunol 16, 980-990.
We are seeking associated research fellow, postdoctoral research fellow, postgraduate students and undergraduate to join our research team. Hope you have well-motivated, strong enthusiasm and responsibility to work on scientific research. Applicant with expertise in immunology, biochemistry and molecular biology or cell biology are particular welcome. If you have the experiences of bioinformatics analysis or animal model with antigen infection/immune disease models, it will be preferred.
This advertisement for recruitment is long-term effective, please feel free to contact me by email.